Wednesday, February 16, 2011

There is no Where to turn except God

I have a watched a couple of shows lately that have discussed epic events that they are predicting to happen in 2012 along with the updates that the fall of the US dollar will happen this year and basically life as we know it will dramatically change. So I find myself thinking about this often. What if it does happen, will we be ok, should we do something to prepare, will people finally turn back to God, will our faith be strong enough to see us through, what will my girls have to endure in their young adult lives. I have been worrying. I know I should not worry. But I find myself reminding myself that God is still in control and NOW is the time to fully rely on, turn to, and build our faith. We can't worry about the future but we can maximize - spiritually right now. That is what we have to do! That does prepare us for the future. I am also reminded that I should be more aware of what information I allow into my mind. While these shows are updates are very interesting at this point they cause me more harm that good. Movies that show the futuristic possibilities can also be a bit harmful. In the midst of all this I watched the movie Eli - which caused more fear and worry to rise up. II Timothy I believe tells us that fear is not from the Lord. Regardless of predictions - God is still God, still ultimately in control, He is and will continue to be my ultimate provider and protector. Whom shall I fear?

That's my thinking for this week!

Lots of love to all!

D. J.

No comments: