Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Nothing much

Well, nothing much seems to be going on but I am still going 90 to nothing! I am feeling a little distant from God right now. Not sure if He is being quiet or if I am just not being still enough to hear Him.

I know I am being prompted to kinda re-evaluate things. Not just priorities, but all things in general. I did have a bit of an epiphany the other day. I was out and about with Brandy. We were walking across streets, stepping up and off sidewalks, up and down stairs. With my other girls I would have been moving at a quick pace, holding their hand, basically dragging them along. Well with Brandy you can drag or hurry her - as you may cause a serious injury. So I have learned to live at her pace. I slow down to match her speed and I hold her hand. The first thing I realized is that this is how I should have been with my first two girls. The second is that this is the way our Heavenly Father works with us. He is right there with us holding our hand as we go at our own pace. He doesn't rush us or slow us down. He works with us at our own pace. I haven't quite grasped the entirety of the thought - but I think it's kinda cool. Going at Brandy's pace has not caused me to run behind - but it has caused me to be more patient and more relaxed. I focus more on her rather than what I have to do. My children should always be more important than what I have to do. Brandy trips and stumbles quite often, as I hold her hand I have to make sure I don't jerk to hard to save her from a fall, but just enough. If I jerk too hard I could hurt her worse than the fall could. This to reminds me of my Heavenly Father - as He holds our hands and we trip or stumble, He tries to help minimize the affects of a fall.

I feel like God is waiting for me to find my own pace so that we can more efficiently work together. If I am going to fast, I tend to leave God behind. If Iam going to slow, well I tend to ignore him because I am so focused on getting caught up. Don't know that I "know" my good own pace. I know that I have had one, but I didn't pay attention at the time.

Interesting things to ponder. Until next week!

Lots of love,

D. J.

No comments: